my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gardening shortcuts - My Earthbox experiment

Photobucket
tomato & basil

Ever since I saw an Earthbox advertisement showing 8-10 foot plants growing out of control, I have been dying to try it out! Wouldn't it be nice to plant your veggies and have them magically grow to produce a big harvest without having to do a lot of hard work? (Well of course that would be grand).


Photobucket
one of the heirlooms


Photobucket
sugar snap peas

My vegetable gardening usually involves lots of weeding in 90+ degree weather, and my neatly planted rows eventually turn into a jungle.

So...could this gardening container be the ticket to my success? (ha ha). This year I finally purchased five boxes and transplanted my seedlings as well as store bought vegetables. So far I have planted 3 kinds of heirloom tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, green pepper, basil, parsley, sugar snap peas, and yellow squash.

I am happy to say that so far the plants look good. I went away for a weekend and when I came back it seemed like the plants had doubled in size. Maybe their roots finally touched the fertilizer...


Photobucket
parsley

1 comment:

Janine said...

The new fresh green of spring is wonderful, the most beautiful colour

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails