my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Midsummer's Flower Vine Hair Wreath

Photobucket



This simple flower crown reminds me of Midsummer. Didn't Kirsten (American Girl) wear one?

If you have a craft store near you, it is simple to make.

You will need vine wrapped wire, silk flowers, ribbons, wire cutter and a hot glue gun.

Below is a close-up of the flowers I used. They were on sale for a few dollars.

Doesn't the vine look like a little bird's nest :)



Photobucket



I wove the pink flowers with the vine, but the white flowers should be glued on so they don't fall out.

Then I tied on two pieces of pink satin ribbon.

Photobucket


I have plenty of materials left over to make many more crowns so the cost probably comes to $1 or under.

If your little girl is having a fairy or princess themed party (or even a tea party), this is a pretty party favor to make.
Or if you are a grown-up like me, you can make one for yourself :)

Linking up to Tea Rose Home. Stop by Sachiko's lovely blog and see what the other ladies' created...


5 comments:

Ms. Givens said...

Very cute idea.

Jen said...

Oh so very pretty. This would be an adorable (and a bargain!) wedding/flower-girl accessory. Thanks for sharing!

Bird said...

Angelic!!!

I want to make one! Just need to go find the ingredients... :)

Heidi said...

Hi Chloe,
I'm an administrator for a Sweet Goodness Swaps http://sweetgoodnessswaps.blogspot.com
We're doing a Midsummer Night's Dream swap right now and I wondered if you would allow me to post your project as an inspiration for our swappers. I would of course link back to you and give you credit!

I think wreath is so cute and such a great, simple idea--I know I had something similar when I was a little girl and I loved it. :)

xoxo, Chloe said...

Heidi,

Sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails