my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Friday, October 23, 2009

getting ready for the wedding

image from stylisheventsblog
My sister's wedding is this evening! Last night we were trying to make a flower ball where you stick carnations onto a floral ball but we did one and then nearly ran out of flowers (and we were supposed to make 6 of them). That is going to be the bridesmaid's bouquets and they are going to hang from our wrists by a silver ribbon. So today we are going to get the ornament size floral ball and buy more carnations.
Yesterday we had the bridal shower and I made oreo truffles. They are soooo good. All you do is take a package of oreos and put them in a blender until they are a fine powder. Next, mix in a package of softened cream cheese and chill for 40 minutes. Then dip in semi sweet chocolate and let harden on wax paper for about 15 minutes.

I peeked at the wedding menu last night and it looks delicious. One of the courses has kiwi salmon since my brother in law is a kiwi. And I think spied creme brulee.

2 comments:

jociegal said...

Fun and yummy!!!! I hope all all goes well :)

Janine said...

Dear Chloe
Have a great day at your sisters wedding.
Enjoy the weekend.
Best wishes to you and your family
Janine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails