my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

this year's garden

So far I have planted, peppers, heirloom tomatoes and yellow squash. I realize I should have just planted everything a month ago instead of worrying about a frost during May. Even though we had one, the flowers still survived. I still have lots of tomato plants, melons, more squash, and more hot peppers to get in the ground.

One thing I wasn't expecting was to be digging around so many roots. Seriously they are all over the place. Last year's garden was in the middle of an open field so I didn't have any roots in the way.

I'll post a picture once I get most of the stuff planted. I really wanted to have raised beds but looks like that will have to wait until next time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails