my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Sunday, April 19, 2009

weekend

The weather was perfect this weekend (70s) so I worked in the yard both days. We burned a lot of weeds, brush, and branches while getting the gardening area cleared out and roto-tilled. The only thing missing was marshmallows.

I am eager to get the vegetables planted but the last frost warning is in the middle of May. Until then I guess the kitchen will be the holding area for all of the plants. In the meantime I bought a climbing rose ("Blaze") to be trained to climb up the rose arbor. I think I need another one to go on the other side! "New Dawn" is another pretty soft pink rose that I'll be looking for this week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails