my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Monday, March 30, 2009

C.S.As

I've been looking into CSA's around our area but most of them are sold out for the 2009 season. The prices have been around $450-500 for a 14-16 week harvest. Honestly I could buy or grow my own vegetables plants and only spend $50, what was I thinking! Well I guess I was thinking when it gets 85 degrees out by 6am, you don't feel like weeding or watering the garden. This year I want to plant:

tomatoes (of course)
squash...they are very easy to grow
romaine lettuce
cucumbers
some type of bean
sugar snap peas
onions
corn
jalapeno peppers
red & green peppers
hot chile peppers

If all else fails at least I would be able to eat salads and omelettes all summer long. I like to add jalapeno peppers to my omelettes for an extra zing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails