my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Sunday, February 22, 2009

our daily bread

I've been wanting to make bread the last couple weeks and today I finally got around to it. I used king arthur whole wheat flour and followed the recipe on the back of the package. Honey was used instead of sugar and I was surprised not to see any eggs in the ingredients list. I let it rise twice and then baked it whereupon it promptly sank. It still tasted pretty good! C kept commenting how good it smelled when we were mixing it up. He helped knead the dough as well. He said he might eat the whole loaf all by himself. We had a tea party and he declared it the best night ever which was pretty cute.

There was a sale on jars of spaghetti sauce (99cents each) so of course I had to make lasagna again. I certainly have not gotten tired of it. And I found more heirloom seeds (rainbow yellow tomato and black grim) that I need to plant straight away. Probably will need to set up a separate area for the seedlings as they take up a lot of space around the kitchen table and sometimes get stepped on, eek!

I am looking forward to seeing my sister in about a week and a half (who I haven't seen in 2 years). I want to only take one suitcase and pack light and figured since all of us girls wear around the same size we can always share outfits.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails