my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Thursday, February 12, 2009

lasagna




This past weekend I made lasagna and come to think of it, I don't think I've made it in the past 10 years even though it is supposed to be one of my favorite foods! I used ground turkey instead of ground beef and you couldn't really tell.

My recipe needs to be tweaked because I made it up and I do not think 4 cups of cheese is healthy. Here is what I used:

1 pound ground turkey
2 jars of garden spaghetti sauce
2 cans tomato sauce
2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
2 cups shredded mozarella cheese
1 package of no bake lasagna noodles

It's yummy at work as well. I bought all the ingredients on sale so the total cost was $13. (Last time I went to Macaroni Grill the Lasagna was $10-12 so obviously homemade is cheaper and hopefully healthier).
(photo from epicurious)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails