my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Friday, October 24, 2008

jasmine rice

Today at the grocery store I found a good sale on jasmine rice, 20lb bag for $6.99! When I took it to the register the cashier had to call a manager because it kept ringing up as 19.99. Anyways I did get the sale price finally, you have to be persistent and make them check the shelf.

Jasmine rice has a sweeter taste than regular white rice and I prefer it. It is especially good with chili (or maybe that is just me). You can also make it even sweeter by adding 1/2 coconut milk and 1/2 water to the rice cooker or pot. Yum!

1 comment:

Candylei said...

Now your 30 boxes of brownie mixes will have company in your new cupboards--- the jasmine rice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails