my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Saturday, September 13, 2008

sideways


Here is a recent picture of me. I don't know why but I look better sideways. My hawaiian name is Ka'iulani which means the highest point of heaven above the ocean. (That is what my mom and dad told me anyhow and my dad is hawaiian). I googled it and found heavenly waters, gift from the heavens, heavenly flower, royal sacred one.

I was just reading how sharing your heart openly, vulnerably and freely with another is the strongest and most courageous thing a person can do. I think it's true. Sometimes it takes people years to do this because most people have a problem being "real". I always try to be genuine (say what I mean and mean what I say). Well I hope I am not throwing too many cliches out there. But it is easier to be yourself rather than be what you think people want you to be.

Today I was feeling kind of bad about something that was said to me but it wasn't like that person was trying to be mean but somehow I still ended up feeling bad. But later I thought "the issue" wasn't even an issue and if they wouldn't of said anything it wouldn't have crossed my mind. Brother! Then I am wondering why am I even wasting my energy on this.

Anyhow tonight we had a yummy appetizer which is a bit of macadamia nuts, a dash of Jack Daniels, and brown sugar spread over brie cheese. You spread it on toasted bread after putting it in the oven to melt. So good! Then there was a huge spiral sliced ham, fontina scalloped potatoes, asparagus, jello, watermelon, corn on the cob and key lime pie.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

I agree, people spend a lot of time trying to be something they're not. I like people who aren't afraid to make fun of themselves, admit their faults, and share their insecurities. People like that are a lot more fun to spend time with. Also some people can't respect other people's choices when they differ from what they would personally choose. Close-minded!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails