my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

sewing

Lately I have been thinking about getting a serger and starting a sewing business. I could hire my mom because she made a lot of our clothes growing up. My two younger sisters would probably die if they had to wear some of the clothes we did. There was nothing wrong with them, Mom made us jumpers and culottes and skirts and dresses. My sister told me I had no style the other day. Well if style means walking around with barely any clothing or undergarments, no thank you! I tried to tell her nicely that when she dresses like that she is asking for the wrong attention from guys. Anyways, I think my pencil skirts and bateau tops are just fine.

I'm glad to see more feminine clothing that has become available within the last 5-8 years. The only thing is that a lot of the skirts and dresses are uber short. Plus since I am almost 6' that turns it into a mini dress on me. I did find one solution which is at
http://www.vintagehem.com/ They make cute slips with lace or tulle on the bottom so it gives your dress or skirt extra length.

Maybe I should start a business for tall gals! I remember reading somewhere that it really only costs about $5 to manufacture a pair of blue jeans so when those designers sell them for $200 they are making a $195 profit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails