my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Proper Food & Clothing

I am a bit confused when it comes to buying wholesome nutritious food at the grocery store. You can get a box of chocolate Debbie cake snacks for 99 cents but then it will cost you over a dollar to buy a single peach!! When I go to look at the sales flyers for our different grocery stores usually the stuff on sale is junk food, sports drinks, and processed food in a box like Hamburger Helpers. No wonder our nation is mostly overweight with everyone eating "trash". I guess that is one good thing about having a large garden, all you have to do is walk outside and pick something fresh off the vine. Whenever I give someone a friendly suggestion to plant a few tomatoes or something easy that can grow in a pot they say why do that when they can just get it at the grocery store.

I was reading somewhere that our grocery stores get their food every couple of days by trucks so if something were to happen (natural disaster, etc.), the shelves would be stripped bare probably within a day. That is why I believe it is good to have extra food on hand for emergencies and just to be prepared in general.

Also it would be nice for once to see pretty dresses and skirts on sale instead of ripped t-shirts and jeans and ultra miniskirts. It is sad when I see little girls (age 10 and under) wearing very short shorts and skirts. I don't know what their parents are thinking! Yesterday when I was out at lunchtime I looked around to see if anyone else was wearing a skirt besides me. Um, no. I was the only one and most of the people around we were all women. So ladies, please keep wearing your skirts and dresses.

1 comment:

Luvs2BMommy said...

Hi Chloe,
Found your blog through homeliving helper. I AGREE! We purchase lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and our bills are HIGH! God has blessed me with a dh dedicated to providing the best nutrition for us possible and God does provide for us, but it is sad to see that junk food is so easy, cheap and tasty.

Someone wanted me to give my ONE YEAR OLD dd koolaid, chips and birthday cake and I thought to myself "SHE ISN'T THE GARBAGE CAN!"

I have be struggling with my weight for years and will not have my dds go through this.

Will check back to see your posts soon.

Many Blessings :)
Ace

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails