my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Friday, August 1, 2008

Pies

Today we are having a bbq at my work so I went to Giant's and bought a lemon meringue pie and a chocolate meringue pie. The regular price was 7.99 but each of them had a 2.00 coupon. I didn't get home last night until 11:30 pm so I didn't have time to make anything. The only bad thing about the pies is when you look at the ingredients it is a lot of weird sounding chemicals! That is why I like to bake from scratch because you know what you are eating.

Another thing I like to bring to bbq or potlucks is the ambrosia salad. It is basically a five cup recipe Mom pass down to us...1 cup of each of the following:

shredded coconut
mandarin oranges
sour cream
pineapple
mini marshmallows

Drain the oranges and then mix everything into a bowl. Let it sit in the fridge for an hour or so. Yummy! You can adjust the sour cream and coconut to your liking.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails