my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Sunday, August 10, 2008

my hawaiian Grandma

My hawaiian grandma passed away on Friday. I'm glad I got to spend some time with her when I lived in Hawaii a few years ago. My Grandpa passed away several years ago but they did make it to their 50th wedding anniversary. We called my sister who was over there and got to tell Grandma over the phone that we loved her...she tried to respond but was just to weak to form any words.

We have lots of good memories of Grandma :) She was in the Women's Army Corps and my Grandpa was in the merchant marines. When her and Grandpa would visit us on the mainland they would bring over candyleis and lots of poi. I have a cute picture of my older sister and I in our pajamas when we were about 2 or 3 years old with Grandma and Grandpa, I'll have to find it and post it.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

I have that picture!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails