my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Frugal Supper

This morning I went out to the garden and pulled the weeds off of the watermelon plants. I think three survived but that will probably yield a lot of fruit! Then I picked about ten roma tomatoes, a few yellow heirloom tomatoes and two yellow squash. A thunder and lightning storm came through twice today so luckily I didn't have to worry about watering.

Tonight for supper we had pork chops and the recipe is very simple. Simply fry the pork chops in a frying pan with a can of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup and a bit of Lawry's salt. Serve with rice and vegetables (or whatever you like). The cost for four people comes to about $6-7 total.

I got outbid on a ton of Victoria magazines. Grrr!! I didn't want to put in a huge bid because there are lots of other sellers selling them. Victoria is one of my favorite magazines. The latest issue has a pretty dress by Whitewash that I love. I'll see if I can find a picture of it on their website.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails