my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Sunday, August 3, 2008

car stuff

Today I polished up the honda's headlights and had a friend install the hood release cable. It took a couple hours but I saved hundreds of dollars! Hurray! I am coming in way under budget and all the car stuff is going better than I could of imagined. I'm very happy that I won't have a car payment, that is best thing about owning a used car.

One thing I don't understand is people that look down on you if you don't have the latest and greatest car. Hello, not everyone wants to make payments their whole lives or be in debt up th their eyeballs! I want to live a more self-sustainable lifestyle...live out in the country, grow my own food, be self-employed, learn permaculture, etc. Actually I already do a lot of those things, but I need to work on the self-employment part a bit more so I can quit my day job...

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

there are plenty of other ways to get into debt up to your eyeballs besides a car note.
I know somebody who will live in a dump but wants to have a super nice car, doesn't make sense to me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails