my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Thursday, August 7, 2008

braces

I'm glad I have braces so my teeth will finally be perfectly straight. However I am starting to wonder what people did in the olden days...I guess if your teeth were crooked, they stayed crooked.

This is from http://www.bracesinfo.com/
  • The first "braces" were constructed by Pierre Fauchard in 1728. Fauchard's "braces" consisted of a flat strip of metal, which was connected to teeth by pieces of thread.
  • Bands were invented by Schange in 1841. The first bands consisted of an strip of metal, with a screw to adjust their size.
  • Orthodontic Brackets were invented by Edward Angle in 1915. The brackets consisted of little hooks of metal, which were attached to bands which went around your teeth

My braces are the "Damon System" so they are supposed to move faster and have a shorter treatment time. We'll see!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails