my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Friday, August 15, 2008

Big Island sunsets



Gorgeous sunsets every evening. This was the view from our house, looking right out at the ocean!






When I was visiting Ree's website yesterday (www.thepioneerwoman.com) and saw her sunrise photos I actually thought she was really on the Big Island. It is eery how the colors in my top sunset photo are almost the same as her Oklahoma sunrise photos. She could of fooled me :)

That is one thing I miss about the Big Island... lovely sunsets and sunrises everyday and clear skies at night where you could see all of the stars. Not to mention the 77 degree weather! We lived next door to a botanical garden so sometimes we'd hear the wild birds.

Hopefully I can save up enough money to take an extended vacation over there...

God's creation is so beautiful!

4 comments:

Aimee Kieffer, aka "Momzoo" said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!

The brown shoes are "RocketDog". I have never heard of that brand until you asked me! LOL...I got them at Famous Footwear, if you don't have one close by I know they have a web site.

I like your blog, it seems very peacful. Please come visit mine again!

busymama said...

Wow, what pretty pics. I know what you mean about Ree's photos. I've never been to Hawaii, but I was fooled anyway. Thanks for dropping by my site and leaving the lovely comment. I left you a brief message in answer to your questions. Please visit anytime!

Blessings,
Mary

Jasmine said...

we were at that house only a couple days and the sunsets were phenomenal. Something about the sun setting on water always makes it beautiful!

Mrs. June Fuentes said...

Beautiful pictures!

Many blessings...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails