my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

bed


I found somewhere on craigslist where they are giving away free bedframes so I am going to take a look on Friday. I've never had a real bedframe so it would be nice to have one so my bedroom will look more put together. This is a pretty bed I found on Pottery Barn's website, I like the canopy and the white linens look so crisp and clean.


2 comments:

BarbaraLee said...

My dh & I went to a farm auction and found a iron bed. Dh painted it white. But mattresses aren't made like they use to be. We have to take the box spring off & replace it w/a board. It is so pretty.

Luvs2BMommy said...

Hi,
Just thought I would jump in and say that if you like that look it is very easy and cheap to recreate. I did it at my old house (almost exactly). You can buy several yards (get like 10 to 15 or more, depending how big your bed is and how much draping you want on your canopy) at walmart (for like a buck a yard) and cut in half. Put a cup hook in the center of your ceiling, use a circle thing (sorry don't know what it is called ), it opens and hooks closed, used to hold togther papers with holes in the one side and slip fabric through it. Put one end at each corner of bed, ta da.

Take pictures if you post.

Many Blessings :)
Ace

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails