my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Friday, July 25, 2008

No bake cookies (raw) experiment

Last night after dinner at the famous diner we popped over to Grandma's to hang out with Portland and Kenneth. I decided to try and make the chocolate oatmeal no bake cookies "raw style".

Here is the regular non-raw recipe (courtesy of cooks.com)

2 cups sugar (Yikes!!!!)
1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups oats

In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except peanut butter and oats and cook over medium heat. Let boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.

Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and oats.

Spoon out quickly onto wax paper or aluminum foil. Cookies will harden as they set.

(Note: the above an excellent recipe, I could eat this dough all day long. However, all that sugar is terrible for you...no wonder it is so addicting!)

Now here is my recipe that I tried to experiment with:

1 C oats
1/2 C almond butter
1/2 C cocoa powder
1/2 C agave syrup

Needless to say, it turned out "interesting". We rolled the dough into balls and then stuck it in the freezer for 20 minutes. After taking them out and testing them, they hadn't hardened at all. Oh well. So I just ate some more dough.

Alana said she preferred the peanut butter over almond butter. I think it turned out way better than my coconut oil fudge that I dumped oats in. Time to do some more research and adjust the ingredients some more...

Update: Well it sat the fridge and I tried it out again. I think it gets better after it sits awhile because I polished off the bowl this weekend. I got some real maple syrup so I will try that next time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails