my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Car repairs

I called a Honda dealership to see how much it would cost to fix a hood release cable...they quoted me $175 and it would take 2-3 hours. What on earth! When the seller gave me the cable and said he was going to install it but just never got around to it I really didn't get it a second thought. I am tempted to fix it myself but can't seem to find anywhere on the internet where it gives a step by step "how to".

I'll probably wait until the inspection tomorrow and see if it passes. I don't forsee any huge repairs if it fails other than this hood thing since the seller was a mechanic did a full tune-up (all belts, water pump, radiator, etc). Let me tell you after driving various cars during the past year with no AC I am really loving having the cold air blast me in this 90 degree weather :)

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

what if you are driving and the hood flies up and you crash into somebody or something??

xoxo, Chloe said...

No it latches closed and stays closed, but when you go and try to open it from inside the car you have to use pliers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails