my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Friday, July 25, 2008

Cacao - chocolate bars and nibs


At the local Lindt chocolaterie I purchased a 99% cacao bar. (Um...well I was trying to avoid all dairy). Little did I remember the slightly bitter taste of the raw cacao nibs I had bought a few weeks ago. So I tried out a tiny piece...and thought hmm maybe 99% is not for me. So now what am I going to do with this huge bar?

I guess I can mix it with something else to make it sweeter and heat it a little to make a chocolate glaze for a raw pie. One thing I tell myself about eating raw desserts all the time is that they are actually good for you because nothing is processed and the ingredients are good for you. Now I eat my raw chocolate creations without a care in the world.

The label on the cacao nibs said "Warning...eating cacao nibs may cause you to have an incredible day!".

3 comments:

Carmella Ella said...

lol thats hilarious! I've had 70% cacao bars and that was even a little bitter. Do you crave chocolate a lot? Maybe your deficient in some vitamins..

Jasmine said...

I am going to buy some cacao and see what all the fuss is about!

Jasmine said...

I've enjoyed looking at all of your "blogs I'm reading"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails