my favorite place...on the farm...honeysuckle in the air...the summer sun starting to set...serenity

Translate Ever Lovely

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Curly Girl


I was just reading about a book called "Curly Girl" which tells you how to take care of your curls. The author says not to shampoo your hair or blowdry, and only use conditioner. (Plus you don't brush your hair).

The funny thing is that my hair starts to straighten out after days of not washing it. But it is naturally curly and it starts getting oily if I don't shampoo it. Two years ago when I got my hair cut at Carmel's salon and it fell a few inches below my chin, if I let it air dry and scrunched it with mousse I had lovely Shirley Temple curls, perfect ringlets.
I'm not to sure about this "no shampoo" thing but I'd head to the library and see if they have this book. Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey. Learn more about at this wikihow: http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair

p.s. no that is not a picture of me but doesn't her hair look pretty

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails